In this article we will show you some of the best VPN service providers out there that offers their encrypted servers free of cost to all the users around the world and some in our list don’t log any of your browsing data.
Do free means that you are compromising something?
So here the best free providers for Mac OS X
Windscribe ( https://windscribe.com/ )
This one is based in Canada and offers you 50GB or 60GB of free encrypted data transfer without any stupid limit like disconnection after 20 minutes like some out there are doing to keep the server load to minimum.
So is their business verified? (We added this question just because Windscribe is fairly new one out there)
Yes, Comodo CA verified their identity and issued an EV SSL or green address bar like you may have seen with big companies like Microsoft etc.
So how long did we use this service?
Since 8 months we are using their pro plans, yes we first tried their 50GB free plan then upgraded to the pro version which offered servers more countries like Australia, Germany etc.
So let me compile the pros and cons in short so you can quickly get the idea
- 50 GB free data and no other VPN providers out there give this much free data, to get 50GB you will need this coupon or promo code ” 50GBFREE “
- US and Canada location supported in free plan
- Super simple and easy to use Mac OS X client
- Secure link generator to see what all items are tracked
- Kill switch even in free plan
- Stable connection
- Torrent downloading supported
- 3 minute connection log
- Only support OpenVPN protocol, which can be a problem if you are from China main land
- No app for android (if you also use this device) and you have to manually setup to secure the connection
hide.me ( https://hide.me/en/pricing )
A well known Malaysian based service provider out there that supports NO LOGGING in all their plans. But when we compared with Windscribe bandwidth offered is only 2GB per month and that is the main reason we pushed hide.me from top to second position. But if you concerned about the 3 minute logging policy of Windscribe then you can choose this provider.
- Mac app is way too good, download and install and turn ON (no signups or registrations are required )
- Non US based company
- Auto reconnect when the connection drops
- Apps for all devices (android, Windows 10, iOS etc )
- IP and DNS leak protection
- Strict NO LOGGING
- Supports more than one protocol and SSTP is also
- Live chat for instant support questions
- Proxy page for quick unblocking websites
- We think bandwidth is kind of limited
- Also the pro plan is little costly compared to others, but offer all major protocols
TunnelBear ( https://www.tunnelbear.com/ )
This is way too simple app for MAC and they are also based in Canada, Toronto. So why they are in third position In our list ?
Simple, they offer only 500MB of bandwidth.
- 1GB can be received by tweeting about them (note this can be only redeemed one time)
- Dedicated apps available for all devices including Android
- Like said before app is a light weight one
- Support Bitcoin payments, other above also support this type of payment
- Strong AES 256 encryption
- Only supports OpenVPN, don’t why these Canadian ones only rely on one protocol.
- No live chat or limited support