Here are the list of mobiles that will be updated to the latest Android version which is 7.1 and due to some limitations some mobiles will only get 7.0 of the latest version.
Compatible devices getting the lasted Nougat 7.0
- Mi5s Plus
- Mi Note
- Mi Note 2
- Mi MIX
- Mi Max
- Redmi Note 4X
By almost next month you will start to get the updates over the air.
- Mi Max 2
- Mi 6
- Redmi 4X
A YouTube review of Redmi 4X
What’s new in 7.0 version ?
- Last App Recall
- Dual Window
- Clear all recent apps
- Bundled notifications
- Notifications Importance Settings
- Scan and Search
- Instant Reply
- Quick quick-settings
- Customizing the Quick Settings tiles
- Showing layout bounds and GPU Rendering graph
- Search for Settings and accept suggestions
What’s new in 7.1 ?
- Improved fingerprint swipe performance
- Additional improvements/fixes for audio popping issue some users were experiencing while playing audio at high volume
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements
- Fix to the early shutdown battery level issue
- Battery usage alerts
- Fix to the pink banding issue a small number of users were experiencing on the camera
Note : in case of Pixel C mobiles there will be a new Pixel Launcher, multi tasking window, on-screen buttons.
You may also like : Best free VPN for browsing online website with utmost privacy
So what about MiUi ?
It now 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 , it depends on your device.
Before downloading and updating with new UI, make sure your mobile have enough charge atleast 50% to be on the safer side.
Here is the download link (zipped file ) http://bigota.d.miui.com/V126.96.36.199.NBCMIED/miui_MIMAXGlobal_V188.8.131.52.NBCMIED_4941ccb20b_7.0.zip
Make sure you rename this file to “update.zip” and open the updater app on your device.
Now choose the update package from the application wait for its verification.
If you are a Note 3 user then here is the direct link to the file 184.108.40.206 http://bigota.d.miui.com/V220.127.116.11.MHOMIED/miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_V18.104.22.168.MHOMIED_4d24ef49ac_6.0.zip