Are you looking for the best free media player for MacOS? Finding it hard to get the best one? No problem! We have done a great bit of research for you. We have found some of the best media players for Mac that support different video types and allow the users to watch videos in high-definition. At the same time, they are easy to use and navigate. You can have the ultimate experience after installing any of these media players on your Mac device.
Elmedia Player (http://elmedia-player-free-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac)
- Elmedia Player (http://elmedia-player-free-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac)
- VLC Media Player ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html )
- 5K Player ( https://www.5kplayer.com/ )
- MPlayerX ( https://mplayerx.en.softonic.com/mac )
- Cisdem Video Player ( https://www.cisdem.com/video-player-mac.html )
It is a free media player available for Mac. This app can play different file formats including SWF, FLV, MOV, AVI, MP3, DAT, and many others. You can browse a number of videos directly from the player and watch them online instantly. It has another handy option – ‘OpenURL’ that allows you to watch video without any ads. Elmedia tends to optimize the video playback with a number of options like pinning the player window on the top of other running applications, video tuner, fitting the image to screen, and much more.
- Different media formats supported.
- It tends to optimize the video watching experience.
- You can even capture the screenshot while watching the video.
- It consumes major CPU of your device.
- Major features available in Pro version.
VLC Media Player ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html )
It is a free cross-platform player for your MacOS device. It supports VCD, CD, DVD, and different streaming protocols and doesn’t require any codec packs. If you wish to view the playlist, you can open the double windows.
- It supports different operating systems including MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
- It can be integrated nicely with web streaming services.
- It supports Blu-ray videos.
- 360 degree media files are also supported
- It delays a little while playing the video.
- It lacks graphical media library browser unlike many other media players.
5K Player ( https://www.5kplayer.com/ )
It is one of the best media players available for Mac devices. This free application combines the video & music player together with AirPlay media streamer. You can download your favorite videos on Mac while watching them in 4K, 5K, and full HD resolution or any other desired format.
- It plays all sorts of DVD files.
- It offers a great 3D experience to the user.
- It supports ultra HD videos.
- The download process is bit slower.
- It slutters terribly on H284 files.
MPlayerX ( https://mplayerx.en.softonic.com/mac )
It is a lightweight player that is specifically developed to be used on MacOS computers. It supports nearly all the file formats and saves the CPU resources. It can be well synced with the Apple remote. You can increase the subtitle size and start the video from where you have stopped it. Moreover, the users can easily navigate through options available on it. Even if you are having the old dual-core MacOS, you can give MPlayerX a try.
- Any video or audio can be played.
- Works on older version of Mac as well.
- It supports the subtitles.
- It injects pop-up ads.
- Instances have shown that this player can bring viruses in the system.
Cisdem Video Player ( https://www.cisdem.com/video-player-mac.html )
It is the smartest choice for the Sierra users who want smooth playback of the videos that might look choppy on other video players. It saves your computer resources and supports different videos formats including AVI, WMV, MPEG, RMVB, FLV, MKV, Full HD, 5K, and much more including the audio formats. It is one of the greatest alternatives of 5K and VLC player. Get ready to experience high quality video playback with Cisdem.
- It supports 50+ media formats.
- The subtitles are loaded automatically.
- No Ads, no Spyware, and No user Tracking.
- Can’t run on dual-core laptop efficiently.
- Too few media formats supported.
Over to You
So, if you were looking for some of the best media players for your Apple device then your search is over now. Above listed are some of the best media players for MacOS system that are loaded with exclusive range of features. Install any of these now and start watching your favorite videos on them to have an ultimate experience. Go for them now!