Though PDF files are immensely popular across the globe, WordPress doesn’t support PDF embedding. Luckily, we have a number of plugins for that in WP repository. By default, WordPress shows PDF files as downloadable links on the webpage. This means that your visitors have to leave the page to read that PDF. I’m sure that you want to keep them on page. Right?
Well, installing a PDF viewer plugin on your WordPress website will help you solve this problem. But the big question is, what is the best PDF viewer plugin to install. If you are the one looking for the answer, check out the list of top PDF Viewer WordPress plugins.
It has been around for some time now and is one of the cleanest ways to present your PDFs on a website. Its free version provides plenty of features you will need with a quick upload button, navigation buttons and PDF embed function.
- The PDF will adjust to the screen size and you can also adjust the dimensions manually.
- If you upgrade to premium, you get advanced features like full screen mode, PDF security and continuous scroll through the pages.
WP Booklet is another awesome plugin to allow user view PDFs on a WordPress site without actually leaving the site. The plugin focuses on magazine-styled displays using flip animations and page pop-up mimicking the reading of magazine of pamphlet in real life scenario. It supports both PDFs and images, so a photo flipbook is also possible. It even provides you with a few templates to start with.
- The plugin comes with templates having handy features of beginners if they don’t want to mess with design.
- PDFs and images can be uploaded in bulk.
- The page thumbnails help the users navigate around the document.
Google Doc Embedder
Google Doc Embedder supports a number of file types. The best part is that, you don’t have to convert your files into Google docs. All its features are available for free. You can find a quick embed button on WordPress post editor. Therefore, PDFs and other files can be added while writing up the post.
- It supports just everything from Portable Document Format to Word docs and PSDs to OTFs.
- It can translate into 10 different languages allowing more people to use this plugin on their website.
- You are given a choice to work with shortcodes if you like it.
PDF.js Viewer Shortcode
The plugin displays the PDFs in a beautiful manner. In fact, the user side of this plugin competes for the top spot. It uses an elegant gray theme frame and document outline for people to jump around from page to page.
- The document outline will show content on each page, allowing users to quickly scan through.
- This Portable Document Format viewer comes with customizable buttons.
- The PDFs can be protected with passwords.
- It comes with a feature similar to image lazy loading where a large document doesn’t completely show up till a specific page is navigated.
Its an advanced looking WordPress PDF Viewer that can be downloaded free of cost. The backend controls are user-friendly. IF you are an advanced developer looking for a free PDF viewer, this plugin is made for you. The beginners might get tripped up by code customizations and storage limits.
- Users get three options to get PDFs online.
- It provides you cloud storage to host the PDFs.
- You can even host the PDF somewhere else provide a link in the viewer.
The Bottom Line
Viewing PDFs on a WordPress website is no more a pain. Your users can easily view these PDFs if you are using any of the above-mentioned plugins on your website. Most of these plugins are available for free and provide stunning features to their users. If you are looking to install best PDF Viewer plugin for WordPress, consider the above list.