Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the best ways to rank on top of search engines. Though there are a number of ways to boost your website’s traffic from search engines, the Rich Snippets is the most ignored one. Google, one of the major search engines used worldwide has claimed that rich snippets actually don’t have a direct impact on the website rankings, but it helps the site to stand apart from the crowd.
Top 5 Free Rich Snippets Plugins for WordPress
The ‘Rich Snippets’ is basically an umbrella term to refer the range of structured data markup created to make the search engines understand the type of content web pages hold. If you are a proud owner of a site based on WordPress and want to make it stand out in the crowd then here are the best free rich snippets plugins for you.
Here is how it will look after installing any of the below plugins, but make sure your site have some authority. Else these stars won’t show up in Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Also don’t send a ticket to DEVS that your site is not showing star ratings after installing any of the below ones.
WP Review is the fastest review plugin available for a WordPress-based site. It is 100 percent fluid responsive and supports Google Rich Snippets (Schema.org). You can add the review box and control the alignment and the width of the box. It supports circle rating type. Moreover, you can add the rating option on the thumbnail as well. The CSS can be modified with ease and the plugin is developer friendly.
- The CSS animations can be included.
- Unlimited color option.
- Rating option on thumbnails as well.
- Sometimes, the plugin don’t output the correct code for Google Snippets.
- If you have created your website already and need a separate plugin then it won’t work.
One of the excellent plugins to be added to your product-based website is WP Product Review. Once you install it on your site, you can easily use the customized review icons, shortcodes to place the box anywhere in the post, display 5 review boxes on same page, use unlimited colors, and utilize it with perfection to add look and feel. Moreover, you can even add ‘pros and cons’ option to the box.
- Pre-loader helps the plugin data to load faster.
- Shortcodes allow you to display review boxes inside the page/post.
- Customized review icons.
- The major focus is not only the rick snippets.
- Too few features.
Another awesome plugin to add rich snippets to your website is WP Rich Snippets. It is easy to use while integrating it to different types of content. Its interactive nature helps you to stand at the top in the competition.
- All types of markups are supported for your web pages.
- Helps you in ranking higher on search engines.
- Compatible with search engines like Yahoo, Google and Bing.
- Limited Information can be presented in the review box.
- It lacks design and customization.
It is another free plugin can help you to improve your search ranking son different search engines by adding the perfect schema markup to your content. It offers all the three Google Site Structure elements comprising of Breadcrumbs, Sitelinks Searchbox, and also your name in the search results.
- Compatible with Schema App WooCommerce.
- You can manage multiple domains.
- The Click-through rates are improved.
- It gets disabled on few pages automatically.
- Few shortcodes don’t work properly,
This plugin makes use of your existing content to create the schema markup and Meta tags. It also offers special optimization features of Pinterest. The plugin also supports the AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). Moreover, it can be integrated easily with your SEO plugins to ensure that the custom SEO settings are reflected in the Schema Structured Data.
- It only loads the object classes and library files according to its needs.
- It even offers optional 3rd-party URL shortener.
- It supports the embedded videos in the content box.
- Too complex to handle.
- There are few bugs in the plugin due to which the plugin options are not saved sometimes.
The Bottom Line
So, these were some of the best free Rich Snippets plugins available in the WP repository. Installing these plugins will help you to represent the site’s data in a better way to both – the search engines and the users.