After installing a fresh WordPress package you will need to delete some of sample data as if it’s of no use to the admin or to the ones that is going to maintain it. After throwing away the junk contents or sample data you will have to install another set of must have plugins and themes.
If you are going to do this task manually you will have to install individual items separately, which is moreover time consuming one, if you are running on a tight schedule.
To solve this time consuming issue a new wp plugin called WP Quick Setup is now available for download from the WordPress repository for free.
WP Quick Setup Features
- For those who don’t know how to install a wp plugin just navigate like Plugins>Add New> Search for WP Quick Setup
- No one needs the default permalink structure as it’s hard to remember so “%postname%” is made as default one
- Automatically uninstall “Hello Dolly” plugin
- Spam comments are just headache for for everyone, so in order to keep it away Akismet is activated by default
- Trash dummy content like default sample post,page
- Deletes all other default themes except the one that is being currently used
- Set preferred domain version, like with www or just yourdomain.com
- If you would like to have a better contact form widget then check this one from mythemeshop
- With a single click you can get latest version of most popular wp plugins namely
- SEO by Yoast, for setting up correct meta tags and keywords
- W3 Total Cache, for speeding up your website
- WP Smush, to compress the images saving bandwidth and disk space
- BJ Lazy Load, view images only when user scrolls down
- Broken Link Checker, notify you when some links are deas
- Google Analytics by Yoast, keeps the track of your visitors
- Feature set
- Ease of use