PDF files are a convenient form of documentation for many office work, personal work, and other projects. It has tons of benefits in whatever work you may be doing. Some of the work you may be doing on a PDF may contain sensitive data and information. Hence, you can make it password-protected.
So in case you do not want your PDF to be password-protected, what do you do? We have this guide which is about how you can remove passwords from PDF on Windows 10. In addition, we will tell you how you can perform this guide without any third-party software.
What is password protection in PDF?
Password protection in PDFs is the standard security for all types of PDFs. Without this password, you cannot view or edit the PDF. You can add passwords to your Portable Document Format or you can also remove its password. The password will protect the PDF from any unauthorized person trying to alter its content including printing it.
You can use software to add the encryption using passwords. There are many options or perhaps tools that you can use to add encryption to your Portable Document Format.
Here are the methods that you want to know about.
To successfully complete the methods here, you will need the password of the Portable Document Format to bypass the protection first. Without knowing the password, these methods will not help you. So get ready with the passwords and start removing the protections from PDFs.
Method 1: Remove the Portable Document Format password using Google Chrome
Since Chrome is installed in almost all Windows users, you can easily use it to remove the Portable Document Format password. However, to avoid any complications we suggest you update your browser. Now let’s get into the steps.
- The first step of this tutorial is to open the Portable Document Format with Google Chrome. Right-click on the Portable Document Format file and hover the cursor on the “Open With” option and click on it.
- After that, select the Google Chrome option as you want to open the Portable Document Format using that specific browser.
- Click on the print logo at the top so that you can print the password-protected file. After you print the file, your computer will store the copy of the Portable Document Format with password protection.
- The last step of this procedure to remove the password from the PDF is to click on “Save”
The new copy of the PDF will not have any password requirement to open it.
Method 2: Remove the protection with HiPDF
There are many sites that offer services that can remove PDFs on Windows 10. One such site that we will use as an example is HIPDF.
- Open your internet browser and go to HIPDF.
- On the website, you will see a button to upload your PDF file. Click on “Choose File” to open Explorer. After that, select the PDF that you want to convert. Users who wants simplicity can also drag and drop the PDF.
- After uploading the Portable Document Format, enter the correct password to unlock the remove feature of the PDF.
- Click on the “Unlock” button and HIPDF will completely remove the password.
- After removing the lock, you will get the download button.
- Click on Download.
Method 3: Use Google Drive to remove the PDF password
- Go to your Drive and load up the PDF file that needs to be removed from its password.
- After uploading, go to the PDF in Google Drive and do a right-click on your mouse.
- Go to “Open With” and choose the Google Docs as your option.
- Now Google Docs will show all the content inside of that Portable Document Format file. Here you have to go to File and then go to “Download”.
- After that, select the Portable Document Format document option.
The PDF will be saved on your local storage and it will not have any password protection.
Your PDF documents may allow you to add a security layer with passwords. However, knowing how to remove this security layer can also come in handy. If you want to understand the procedure on how to remove Portable Document Format passwords, now you know how you can do it. All you need is your Portable Document Format file, its password, and a normal functioning computer to do this method.