Windows 11 and 10 have Realtek HD Audio pre-installed, but that doesn’t mean you won’t ever have to deal with sound problems.
It’s not uncommon for Windows users to have trouble with their audio. Some users have problems with their audio after installing Windows updates. If you can relate to this and are trying to find a solution to the Realtek audio driver issue, you are in the correct place. This article will show you the best techniques to solve the sound functioning problems caused by Realtek audio.
5 Easy Methods to Solve Realtek Audio Issues
1. Change Default Sound Setting
When high-definition audio devices stop functioning, changing the default sound format is the solution. Below are the steps that are mentioned:
1. To begin, right-click on the “Volume Icon” that is present in the taskbar.
2. Select and open “Sound Settings.”
3. Click on the “More Sound Setting” option.
4. A new pop-up window will open. After then, right-click on the speaker icon, and finally select the “properties” option from the menu that appears.
5. Next, click on the “Advanced” option. Change the frequency of the sound as mentioned below depending on the speaker configuration:
7. Click on the OK button to save changes.
This should resolve issues with the Realtek audio speakers not functioning.
2. Enabling/ Restarting Windows 11, 10 Audio Service
If your high-definition audio device isn’t functioning properly, try turning on the Windows Audio service. Here are the measures to take:
1. Open the Run window. You can use the keyboard shortcut “Windows + R.”
2. Type “services.msc” and click the Ok button.
3. Locate “Windows Audio Service”. Now right-click on it and select “Properties.”
4. Click on the down arrow beside Startup type, choose Automatic, click Start, and finally click Apply and Ok.
Note: If the Windows Audio service is already running and set to start automatically, you’ll have to restart it. You can simply find the Windows Audio service by right-clicking it, and selecting the Restart option.
Try playing audio to check whether the issue with Realtek audio speakers not functioning properly is solved.
3. Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver Windows 11,10
1. Tap on the Search bar of your Windows system and type “Device Manager”.
2. Locate System Devices. Now, double-click to expand it.
3. Now search for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio option and select it.
Note: In case it is not present in the list, it implies that it has already been disabled, and you may skip and proceed to the next steps.
4. If it is present, right-click on it and tap Disable device.
5. After implementing the changes, restart your system.
Now try to play the sound to check if the Realtek audio driver issues have been resolved.
4. Make Use of Generic high-definition Audio Device Driver
Installing a different, generic driver may solve problems with the Realtek audio driver. Here are the measures you should take to do that:
1. Tap on the Search bar of your Windows system and type “Device Manager“.
2. Look for “Audio inputs and outputs” in the settings.
3. Double-click on it to expand all the audio drivers.
4. Choose the Realtek audio device and right-click on it, then select “Update driver” from the list of options.
5. Next, click on the option “Browse my computer for driver”.
6. Then, select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
7. Choose the High Definition Audio driver from the list and click “Next.”
Follow the instructions that appear on your screen. This will install the default sound driver and resolve the issue with the Realtek audio driver.
5. Choose Correct Output Device In Windows 11, 10
If you are experiencing issues with the Realtek audio driver, it could be because of selecting an incorrect output device. To resolve this, you can follow the steps provided below:
1. Right-click on the “Volume Icon” present in the taskbar.
2. Select and open “Sound Settings.”
3. Set Speakers or Headphones as the output device.
Also here is a YouTube video
Problems with audio playback may be quite annoying, particularly if you need help figuring out why it’s happening in Windows 11,10. These are, however, certain troubleshooting steps you may do that, in most cases, will resolve the issue of Realtek Audio. We have detailed over a 5 approaches to fixing the issue.