Many of my friends have asked me, is there any simple way to access restricted websites especially the media websites. Ok I know many of us use VPN technology to get the access. But the problem in using VPN idea is that, due to high end encryption you will have to suffer a lag in browsing or buffering speed than your current ISP or internet service provider default bandwidth. So how you can override these restrictions? A simple way is by switching DNS server details. Oops, to get this idea working do you think that you have to be a techie. No, it’s more simple and easy than you think. Any one can quickly unblock these restricted websites by using SmartyDNS, one of the pioneers in this field of services.
SmartyDNS in our experience review
Unlike any other service providers, do you think that you need to give your credit or debit card details to get started? This is where you are wrong. SmartyDNS offers 14 days (free) unrestricted access to their service to anyone having a valid email address ( no need of giving credit or debit card details). Another added point is that you can test every aspect of their service within these days in-order to ensure that you are not going to get a poor performance from them. What’s more they offer ? A 30 days of money back guarantee.
It only took me only few minutes to get started with 14 days of free trial as the account is created instantly on without any email verification, which gives you limitless access to unblock websites.
Hit the sign in button and you are good to go in desktop mode.
I had a small problem in setting the service on my mobile device running android. Immediately I opened a support ticket for the same and you can see below how long they took to solve the issue. Yes they solved the issue with the live chat agent Vladi. In short we didn’t waited hours to get the issue solved.
- Windows 8.1 64bit professional edition, XP SP 3 and in android
- You get it from one month to a year as shown in the picture below.
What’s more interesting is that you can get 50% OFF for the second package.
Type of payments accepted
All major ones are accepted
- Yandex Money
- American Express
Can you tell me if you experienced any loss in speed?
- As I said in the start of this there was no loss or change in speed using it.
How many devices can you use with this service if you choose the least expensive plan ?
- You can use as many as you want. When changing the location ( probably if you different internet provider or if you are a traveler ) all you have to do is to validate your IP addresses, then you can use as many devices as you want at that location.
What about ip change ?
- Nothing happens to your ip, it remains the same.
Does it get disconnected on your ISP connection drop?
- I don’t think it will happen.
How many channels are supported ?
What if you need a channel to be unlocked that’s not in the list?
- Just submit a support ticket with the url and they will do it for free.
- Experienced problems with windows client as shown below, so I need to setup manually which was a straight forward one because their well written tutorial here.
- I think they should have a dedicated mobile app to make the initial setup a straight forward one.
- You can’t use your mobile data services for unblocking stuffs.
SmartyDNS need to improve their software section especially for Windows, rest of the experience was good for me and for other testers.