In our modern world of a connected society, all the people expect availability, computer networks, mobile communication, and other ways to transmit various information. Needless to say, all companies need to ensure they have a robust infrastructure to prevent unpleasant situations. A great number of cyber-attacks and data fraud are 2 main risks for the world economy. Of course, it’s quite important for all the companies to create robust security and make effective infrastructure monitoring. In this article, we want to highlight several methods of building infrastructure security to help organizations to avoid cyber-attacks and protect their information properly.
- Protect access to critical information. In other words, you have to give all the users the right level of access to the data. If your company doesn’t meet this level, a hacker can potentially steal information from your organization. Usually, the companies keep the information secure using firewalls. It means that all the data inside the network was trusted when all the information outside was untrusted. But nowadays, employees, partners, and constructors became an integral part of the organization, this method cannot make strong security protection. Thanks to a Zero Trust model, this problem can be solved: according to this method, the company doesn’t assume users are trusted. Each of them should be verified before getting access to the company’s data.
- Create effective cyber hygiene. The implementation of strong and effective cyber hygiene can decrease the number of cyber-attacks. In fact, cyber hygiene includes many parameters but here we want to highlight the most important: implementing strong authentication inside the company. Problems with authentication like weak passwords, poor or missing authentication, reuse of passwords, etc. can result in serious problems with the company’s security. Many companies implement more strong policies for passwords inside the organization but about 80% of attacks are usually connected with weak and compromised credentials. Of course, those long passwords cause headaches for users. We suggest using solutions from companies that provide passwordless methods for users to log in on the device by making a connection between a particular user and their device in a security system.
- Monitor, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks. Preventing threats is important because it helps to avoid the attack. Nowadays, there are many solutions for companies to monitor and respond to cyber-attacks. Monitoring is an important part of security because this method helps to create stronger protection.
- Develop an external and internal partnership. This method involves various cybersecurity practices to support the security team. For example, the company can use various tools that will alert users about any suspicious activity like logins from unknown devices or resetting any authentication issues. If something happens, a user can report the activity to the security administrator. As a result, it increases the number of identified cyber-attacks and prevents data stealing and damage.
- Don’t allow phishing to ruin your security. For many companies, phishing is the most common problem they experience today. You can avoid this problem by implementing special filters for emails as well as train your employees to not open suspicious emails with unknown links or documents inside. Your organization must have developed security policies for all the users with all the needed processes if a phishing attack was successful.
In our world of computers and networks, security plays an important role. For any company and organization, it’s quite important to find successful methods to build robust infrastructure security. We hope that our article was useful and gave you some new ideas for improving security inside your business company.