Cloudflare delivers your content from the nearest location to the user,so your website loads at a faster rate than previously.Eg if you are getting users from India usually data is send and received from US servers or from any other place other than India,so what cloudflare do is that it will make sure that the user gets the content from the nearest location of India,so time taken for data travel is less,in-turn improves the speed.How to backup your WordPress on a rock solid service ?
Many of us will be using premium hosting or free hosting for our WordPress blogs.What ever be the hosting plan many bloggers and websites use cloudflare,so whats the benefit in using it.First one cloudflare protect your site ddos attacks.Next,if you having limited bandwidth hosting plan by using this service you can save some bandwidth and server load can also be reduced. Analytics is another feature offered by this content delivery network.Last but not least cloudflare loads your blog or website faster than before after intergration.
How to integrate/ add cloudflare to your WordPress ?
First thing that you need is an account with them or you can create a free account by going to cloudflare.com it take only matter of seconds.
Now login to cloudflare account.
1. Enter your domain name and click add website.
2. Wait for 60s for system to analyse your domain,after this click continue setup.
3. Now add the missing records,like one that you have did in domain name panel at domain registrar end,if you don’t know whats all this don’t worry just click I have added all missing records,continue.
4. In the next page select the settings as shown.
5. Now its time to update the name servers,for this go to your domain registrar like godaddy and change the name servers to cloudflare one as shown below.
Login to your dashboard and select manage domain
7. After changing the name servers to theirs as one do as shown below.
8. Done,now wait for name server propagation,usually it take 24 hours.
Next, How to enable RailGun ?
Ever wondered what is RailGun, the picture below will hep you to understand that
Select gear icon from the dashboard and from the drop down menu select like the one shown below
From the settings overview scroll down till you find something like this and enable it with a single click
From where all you can get acceleration ?
Servers, country list
- Newark, New Jersey
- Ashburn, Virginia
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Miami, Florida
- Dallas, Texas
- Chicago, Illinois
- Seattle, Washington
- San Jose, California
- Los Angeles, California
- Toronto, Ontario
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Madrid, Spain
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Milan, Italy
- London, England
- Paris, France
- Vienna, Austria
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Tokyo, Japan
- Seoul, South Korea
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Valparaíso, Chile
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Medellín, Colombia
- Lima, Peru
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Recently they have come up with free SSL for insecure websites that gives a green padlock in address bar. So can simply enable it from the dashboard and after few minutes SSL certificate will be issued.
If you are interested in knowing more about how to setup tutorial you can head over to WordPress SSL threadWordPress SSL tutorial
Have you find any concerns?
- For using on a normal blog and websites it just good.
- But if are trying to club MaxCDN for premium bleeding acceleration with Cloudflare better remove the later from the way.
So are you telling this without using it?
- No we have added both the network to one of our website and we saw loading time is more than usual, also our Google pagespeed went few points below than the normal.
Dont forget to share this to friends.