Firefox 68 FINAL new features and improvements
- Firefox 68 FINAL new features and improvements
- Download Firefox 68 stable full offline installer or Direct Links [en-US]
- So why Firefox ?
- How to ensure that you get maximum privacy and access to restricted content because of geographical restrictions?
- So how you can browse Internet without a concern for privacy and blocks?
- Dark mode is now better, everything is dark including windows
- Extensions dashboard is redesigned
- You can get high quality and better secure extensions from recommendations section
- Cryptomining and fingerprinting protections are added to strict content blocking settings in Privacy & Security preferences of new Firefox for Windows 10 and Mac OS
- Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) update download support, which allows Firefox update downloads to continue when Firefox is closed, note that BITS is a bandwidth eating module so make sure you keep an eye on your free Internet Data as you can’t see what exactly BITS is downloading in the background.
- Better fast performance on SSD and HDD
- Fed up with cryptominers and fingerprinters ? Now you can block all those known miners who are using your computing power by going to Custom settings of their Content Blocking preferences.
- Better keyboard accessibility
- Private Browsing or incognito mode is really improved
Download Firefox 68 stable full offline installer or Direct Links [en-US]
So why Firefox ?
Many of us are not satisfied with the features and user interface offered by default web browsers. So we need a better internet web browser which offers smooth online experience without compromising on the privacy and security. Firefox web browser from Mozilla is one of the best that we could find that offers you seamless features.
You may also like : Opera latest offline installer
Recently Firefox has undergone drastic change from Firefox 29 final in the ui and support to Sync works on an account basis for syncing bookmarks, settings, history and tabs between machines. Like any other Web browser Firefox has also got in build download manager. The only thing we miss is that automatic translation of Web pages in to English language if its in some other languages, but there are addons like s3 translator to solve the issue. Today Mozilla released next stable version of Firefox called Firefox 36.
How to ensure that you get maximum privacy and access to restricted content because of geographical restrictions?
Firefox itself provide you some privacy by adjusting some settings like changing the default search engine to DuckDuckGo and by telling the websites that you need not want to be tracked. To access the restricted content or blocked content in your area there is no provision in the default package.
So how you can browse Internet without a concern for privacy and blocks?
Simple way is by switching to VPN or Virtual Private Network that will encrypt your sent and received data. Ok we know that some of you are still confused on choosing which VPN gives you maximum security with value for money as there are number of service providers out there in the market ?
If you are asking us, we will highly recommend HideMe as we are using it for more than 6 months and we didn’t experience any thing bad about it. What’s more?
It will also encrypt your browsing session even if you are connected to public wifi network and thus giving you maximum protection of your data and privacy.
- Windows ( 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Xp)
- Free plan
- 11.67/ month offering unlimited bandwidth with 5 simultaneous connection and supports all major protocols.
Start protecting your online activities by starting with free plan.
Why you are getting new builds of it frequently ?
The team behind Firefox, Mozilla now has rapid release cycle which means new stable versions are released swiftly, which was not case in the past.
Quick look back on the previous versions
- No more annoying auto playing videos as from this version it will be blocked
- Better and improved search
- No more scroll jumping when images or ads are loading
- Better shortcuts
- More appealing certificate error pages
- Now you can deploy Firefox in enterprise with customizations
- If you are having a wider monitor or screen then the new build will show more content for all websites and you can can avoid some unnecessary scrolling
- If you are from US region you may be shown some Pocket sponsored stories
- Better privacy : By turning on and off the camera of your laptop whenever it requires
- Occitan (oc) language is now supported from 60 and above builds
- Faster load time for the contents on the Firefox homepage
- Implemented drag-and-drop to rearrange Top Sites on the Firefox Home page, and customize new windows and tabs in other ways-
- Firefox Screenshots: Basic annotation lets the user draw on and highlight saved screenshots
- Firefox Screenshots: Recropping to change the viewable area of saved screenshots
- Added the Ecosia search engine as an option for German Firefox
- Added the Qwant search engine as an option for French Firefox
- Completely new browser engine (most of the addons will not work as devs are currently writing new codes for this quatum engine)
- Completely revamped clean UI
- Revamped new tab page that includes top visited sites, recently visited pages, and recommendations from Pocket (in the US, Canada, and Germany)
- Now you can take screenshots without leaving the web browser and yes you can select the portion which you need to save for sharing or for later use
- For EN-US only build address auto fill option is there
- Added search tool, new descriptions, reorganized design
- If new tabs with video tabs are opened, it won’t play unless you are on that tab
- Improved Sync tabs
- Burmese local now available
- Download button and panel is now improved
- Small bug fixes
- Two new ‘compact’ themes available in Firefox, dark and light as per the devs edition theme
- Better graphics stability for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 users
- Light weight themes can also be in Private or incognito mode.
- Web assembly is now supported
- Easier to access WiFi hotspots with captive portal detection
- HTTP sites can’t set cookies
- HTTP login pages are now shown warnings
- Windows touch is now enhanced
- Sync feature is now enhanced
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback is now supported
- Data Sync is now improved
- Tab switching is now faster and better
- Two new locales added
- Warning is now showed when the website asks for sensitive info like passwords etc
- WebGL 2 is now supported
- Viewing password before its saved is now available
- BE locale is now removed
- Playback video on more sites without plugins with WebM EME
- Widevine is now supported on Windows and Mac systems
- SDK performance enhancedWebGL is now available for Winows 7 usersGN locale is added
- Updates keyboard shortcut
- Updated Firefox login manager
- Reader mode that is better for eyes
- Improved video performance with 1.25x speed
- OSX machines can get better performance without hardware acceleration
- Better protection from harmful downloads
- Addons that are not verified and signed by Mozilla will not load when you start the browser
- Better Canvas performance for Linux users
- WebRTC is now improved
- You can now quickly search bookmarks or opened tabs with smart icon
- The media parser has been redeveloped.
- New GTK3 integration
- WebRTC stability improvements
- Tab can now be shared through Hello Tab sync is now added to dropdown area of Awesome bar while doing the search
- Introduced new preference to allow .onion blocking
- New locale added
- Enable WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don’t support MP4/H.264
- Better warning pages for certificate and untrusted connections
- Installer is now compressed to some extend
- m4v video playback is now better
- Get suggestions from Awesome Bar
- An On-screen keyboard is now available if your system has Windows 8 or above
- Improved Private Browsing
- Private browsing blocks certain parts of websites that may be gathering your data
- Better login manager
- Improved control center
- Now you can set profile picture for your Firefox account(taken from web camera or from Gravatar )
- Texting between Hello instant chat client is now available
- SVG images can be now used as favicons
- WebRTC security is now improved
- Now you can share Hello URLs
- Smoother and fluid scrolling while moving the pages
- Emoji support
- Fixed incomplete downloads which are marked complete
- Users can now followup articles and videos with Pocket
- Reader view now have better formatting for articles and bloggers blog posts
- Share active tab or window to another Hello friend that you are chatting
- DRM-protected content can now be viewed from your browser to catch up with the Netflix videos and similar services. To decrypt the content new package comes loaded with Adobe Content Decryption Module (CDM)
- Crashing associated with NVidia Optimus graphics cards
- Import cookie problem is now solved when try from Google Chrome
- With Ruby HTML 5 markup you can get pronunciation of Chinese and Japanese words
- Google maps rendering and graphics hardware problems are now fixed
- Heartbeat user rating system helps you send your feedback to them
- Yandex is now default search engine for Turkish version
- Bing search is now secured by SSL or HTTPS version
- Better protectionTraffic encryptionHTML5 playback on video sharing website YouTube
- Tiles can be now synced across your various gadgets with support
- Security fixes
- Hello goes to inactive mode until its restarted is now fixed by developers
- Unexpected log-outs from social network, Facebook and Google is now fixed
- HTTP 2 is now fully supported which means that the ordinary websites as well as the ones with SSL protocols will be faster never before
- Remote option is now available ( restored )
- RC4 ciphers with HTTPS / SSL no more accepted
- By default the tabs will be pinned on the new page which helps you to see on other devices with the sync feature
- No more accept websites certificate with 1024-bit RSA keys, it’s better to switch to 2048-bit keys
- Uzbek (uz) new locale
- Fixed unexpected logout from the social network site, Facebook and Google
- Fixed start up crash
- Hello, the instant chat now has rooms type conversation
- New and improved search user interface (UI)
- Better image resizing when its high quality
- Improved responsiveness
- Market Place can be accessed quickly from Tools menu or from optional tool-bar button
- PDF.js is updated to 1.0.907
- Reduced resource usage
- CSS filters are activated by default
- Google is no more default search engine and is replaced by Yahoo’s in North America and Yandex the Russian search engine is set as default for Belarusian, Kazakh, and Russian locales. But you can add extra ones like of you may be knowing
- A real- time communication client called hello is now live in the latest version which supports both audio and video chat. You can get it from customize Firefox tab and select hello
- Easy theme switcher, all you need is hover the mouse over a particular theme and you can see it live on browser.
- Now you can recover from the locked Firefox process, we also have experienced this problem in the past like even if we quit it will continue to run in the background and restarting was a bit difficult. But we are now happy as this problem is fixed.
- Search bar now improved with certain enhancement
- To get security Wikipedia search uses HTTPS for en-US version
- Create, edit, and test a new Web application from your browser with WebIDE as a replacement for web apps
- User Interface (UI) of the Profiler has been improved
- Now you can highlight all nodes
- Disabled SSLv3
- CSS transitions fix
- Various security fixes
- Various Yosemite visual fix
Online installer links en-US
- Windows click on the image below will get you latest stable build
A quick look back on 33.1 previous build
- DuckDuckGo is now packed in within the build
- New privacy tour to give you a quick overview
This update from Mozilla seems to give more preference to video improvements.